View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Jun 2018

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Applying for the charter 

space
submit your work experience.. but it won’t go through review until your sponsors have responded.. i submitted my work experience and it said something like waiting for sponsor approval.

17 Mar 2013
space

space
I paid today - the only impact (which is crazy minimal) is that if you don’t pay before results you can’t use the letters right after you get notification you passed and can use. Plus I got a subsidized polo from my local society.
Probably should have held off but was excited… Does the membership last 12 months or run like June-June?

17 Mar 2013
space

space
pretty sure it’s June - June. I applied in Aug, got final approval a few months later, but get bills in June…

17 Mar 2013
space

space
OK so I’m sure this gets rehashed every year on this message board, but just to confirm … if I’ve had my work experience approved, paid my dues, and am a member of CFAI and a local society, and I get the e-mail saying PASS in August, then I am a CFA charterholder? Don’t have to wait to receive the actual charter?

17 Mar 2013
space

space
what exactly are your sponsors asked? My supervisor is a charterholder, but other than him, I don’t really know any charterholders very well. What’s required of them?

17 Mar 2013
space

space
Tasks that the sponsor you choose is required to do:
1. Sign into the CFA Institute sponsor page using your CFA Login. If you do not have a username/password you must create one then return to this email and click the sponsor page link again. If the link does not work, copy and paste the following into your browser: http://www.cfainstitute.org/finsecustom ... otoView&...
2. Select either “Supervisor” or “Other” to identify your relationship to the applicant.
3. Identify the applicant whom you are sponsoring by entering the following e-mail address:
4. Complete the four sponsorship questions. Please answer the work experience questions based on the applicant’s duties regardless of the amount of months accrued.
For the fourth question - a writeup of tasks performed by me to help in the investment decision making process from sponsor’s perspective is required.If the sponsor is not your direct supervisor (another CFA charterholder) you may need to help him by providing your writeup. Make sure that it is brief, to the point. Too much is NOT REQUIRED, from my experience.

17 Mar 2013
space

space
Should I make direct references to the LOS when describing my experience?

17 Mar 2013
space

space
This does get repeated every year. Do a search and you’ll find what you need.
A little late now, but I suggest applying as soon as possible. Before January for any lvl 3 candidates that might come across this. After you list your work experience and apply, you have to wait for your two sponsors to answer their questions. The questions don’t really take very long, but if no one in your society knows you, you might have a hard time getting someone to vouch for you. Of course, others’ priorities aren’t always same as yours so you could be waiting a while. Once both sponsorships are done, you have to wait for the Institute to look it over. Something that can take a few weeks minimum, and that was in November, now you have about 20,000 other lvl III applying.
After all this, there is a decent chance your work experience will be denied. Don’t stress, resubmit with more detail on how it directly effects the decision making process. Yes, try to tie it directly to the LOS in the curriculum. Many applications are approved on the 2nd try, but all this means time.
You might as well pay your dues now and start getting discounts for society events and getting on their radar. Dues are not pro-rated so as long as its not before June, you won’t have to pay again until next July. Does anyone else think it funny that an Institute that demands pro-rate of most trading/fees and overall fairness, does not pro-rate their own fees??? I got screwed on this, paid full dues last Nov and have to pay again this July.

17 Mar 2013
space

space
seemorr Wrote:
——————————————————-
OK so I’m sure this gets rehashed every year on
this message board, but just to confirm … if
I’ve had my work experience approved, paid my
dues, and am a member of CFAI and a local society,
and I get the e-mail saying PASS in August, then I
am a CFA charterholder? Don’t have to wait to
receive the actual charter?
You have to wait for the letter or if CFA appears after your name when you sign in to CFAI website, which ever comes first.

17 Mar 2013
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2