View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Sep 2018

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Local Society Charter Award Ceremony Highlights 

space
Wasn’t that the implied assets / implied liabilities question?
That’s what I assumed since I was pretty sure I got the WACC question right and the implied asset question wrong.

17 Mar 2013
space

space
the response of “That was taken into account” to me means, “that was a bullshit question”

17 Mar 2013
space

space
what’s up guys.. haven’t been here in a while. good to see everyone’s doing well.
i’m in sf and haven’t received an invite for the ceremony here or received my charter in the mail. however, i did receive a nice notebook yesterday with fancy covers that says cfa on it. i would have taken those tests just for the notebook.
but seriously, anyone not hear anything yet?

17 Mar 2013
space

space
What up cfasf. How is life as a CFA charterholder? I’ll have my 48 months on Monday, so I can finally wrap this thing up.

17 Mar 2013
space

space
Mcleod! How’s it going? Things are pretty good over here. Just got back from Hawaii. So glad I didn’t have to read GIPS while I was there. They should just give you the charter already. You killed that thing. Interesting game over there this sunday by the way, you’re going right? Career wise, having the charter actually does give you some instant credibility. (deserved or not) It’s been helpful. I still haven’t received my charter though. Maybe they revoked it once they found out what a clown I am.

17 Mar 2013
space

space
Aaaaahhh. I miss the old cfasf1 self deprecation…….

17 Mar 2013
space

space
This guy passes all CFA exams the first time while helping many others in the process and still tells himself he is a clown.
Cool to see the ‘gang’ hang out here once in a while. We should still get drunk together.

17 Mar 2013
space

space
just like the good ole days! good to see all of you guys.

17 Mar 2013
space

space
Word. Ok guys you can all hate me for being a lurker, but whatever. I followed all you dudes through from the beginning (Dec 07, Jun 08, Jun 09) and now i’m done. Problem is, I’m having CFA withdrawls. I need to become more social for work (do more BD/networking) but the CFA process really f’ed me up and made me all introverted.
I love gold and apartment complex investments by the way. and I think everything in institutional investing is a scam. Background - former BB analyst doing M&A, then a MM bank doing sell side, now have my own gig.
Ok now I have a reason to keep coming back, because I check this god forsaken site everyday, and for absolutely no good reason.

17 Mar 2013
space

space
For those of you who went to the award ceremony - did any of you bring your spouse?

17 Mar 2013
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next