View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Aug 2018

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 employment application references 

space
What type of questions are asked when they contact your listed references. I dont have reliable references. Probably doesnt say much about the industry i am in (backstabbers and prevalent jealousy). How important is references?
Any suggestions?

18 Mar 2013
space

space
When serving as former co-workers’ references, I’ve been asked:
-What was needhelp’s strengths?
-What was needhelp’s biggest weakness?
-Needhelp said he accomplished X, Y, and Z on his resume, does that sound right to you?
-What was needhelp’s greatest accomplishments with your team?
-Is there anything you wanted to convey that would support needhelp’s candidacy?

18 Mar 2013
space

space
From what I heard, my current employer did in fact contact ALL of my references to confirm my relationship with those references.
I did not expect this, especially when they contacted one of the references in the U.S. (I’m in Canada). For a small firm they sure did a lot of due dillegence.
As for questions, I don’t know what they asked but I assume they confirm whether you really worked in the specified position on your resume for X amount of time and whether the responsibilities you listed do in fact resemble what you’ve done for your previous employer.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
I think they need it to confirm if the information you wrote on your resume are true. They also need to confirm if you really deserve the position you are applying for.

25 Jul 2015
space

space
An employment reference, is someone who can comment on your personal character, work ethic, or past work experiences. References should be given to employers on request, which means you should usually wait for the employer to ask for your references before giving them a reference list. The objective of a reference is to give your potential employer a positive and honest depiction of your character and your work ethic and of course it help the employer to great extent in his decision on whether to choose you or not. I have some good work experience with a Kerala real estate service and my words are clearly based on what I felt through such processes in the past. So, you must deal with it precisely and mostly in an impressive manner.

25 Jul 2015
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]