View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 May 2018

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 any one hears about CMT,Chartered Market Technician?H 

space
a special program for trader or technique analyst, any one knows it? how about its authority and popularity?

18 Mar 2013
space

space
I heard about it, (but don’t know much about it) and the number of charter holders and candidates are very low. However, some pure technical analysts seem to carry the CMT.
I am considering doing part or all of the CMT someday to learn about technical analysis as I know that it has some short-term use.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
i have a buddy doing it here. he reads charts all day. he says its a good course.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
Do you know how long (in terms of preparation hours) is the course? The CMT is a good excuse to study the technical analysis bible.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
i’ll ask to see the books from him.
Stern, you’re up early today. I’m here at work talking to clients.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
LOL, It’s 10:30 in new york and I have a mergers &acquisitions accounting exam to study for….

18 Mar 2013
space

space
Hi, Sternwolf,
what do you mean “some short-term use”? Is it critical for people to become traders?
I have checked the website of the market technician association, there is very little information about the exam. Do you know where to get the teaching material for that? I have done the sample quiz and found it not very difficult, do you have the same feeling?

18 Mar 2013
space

space
I think the exam is more for personal development, than for contributing to a firm. I have read half of Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets and feel this is a good beginning and foundation for TA. Note though, that some firms and people consider this junk science.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
Many in the short term consider it to be a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy…others see it as just another set of tools to help gauge market psychology. I think over longer spans it can really help in spotting (somewhat) reliable trends and patters especially when used in conjunction with other analytical tools (ie fundamental, models, etc.)
Those that subscribe strongly to the theory that past performance has absolutley no correlation with future action may simply shake their heads and call it a bunch of nonsense, like Bosy suggests. I imagine most firms think of it as a bit laughable, but I personally do not really know. I imagine pure traders are most receptive to the “science”. I know that using it in conjunction with other.analysis has made me a few decent chunks of change in my personal trading history.
I took a sample exam for that and found it to be a piece of cake….but this is something, in the past, that I have studied on my own.
Good luck!

18 Mar 2013
space

space
Hi, I read John Murphy’s Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets on my own. And I did the sample quiz and found it a piece of cake. The point is how close the real exam is like the sample one.
FrankArabia,
how is your friend preparing for the exam, the information from the MTA is really so little.

18 Mar 2013
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next