View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Aug 2018

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Internal Job Applications 

space
hi guys just wondering if i can get some advice on internal applications. i work for a large organization and im looking at applying to jobs internally. id prefer not to tell my boss about it until i at least get an interview. do you guys think i should just apply to jobs without telling my boss and then notify him only when i get an interview. or should i just be notifying him everytime i apply for a job. right now i havetn even told him that i am looking. i just dont want it to hamper my chances of a promotion if i dont end up getting another job internally.
this is what is written on the Job Applications forum: im just thinking what are the chances that the Hiring manager would actually contact my boss before the interview?
The Hiring Manager may contact your current People Manager as he/she determines who should be interviewed. As such, you are encouraged to advise your People Manager you have applied.
If you are selected for an interview, the Hiring Manager will contact you no later than 10 business days after the vacancy expires. At that time, you must advise your current People Manager of your application and interview.
any advice? thanks guys!

18 Mar 2013
space

space
I think you should definitely inform your manager. The hiring manager will definitely contact your current one. It’ll look pretty bad if he/she gets contacted and is blind-sided by the fact that you’re looking to transfer.
If nothing else, your manager should try to help you transfer positions…being that you’re not happy in your current position.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
Hi guys,If have any doubt regarding Internal job Application.Please visit this link http://humanresources.about.com/cs/recr ... jobapp.htm

17 Oct 2014
Profile WWW
space

space
In my own opinion. I think you should inform your boss on what you are planning. You cannot just leave them hanging. Or if they will learn that you are applying on other company from other people it might be a lost for you. Maybe this will lead you to being unemployed.

25 Jul 2015
space

space
Just tell present company boss to your interest of Internal job and tell interested to apply such job. Your boss free to mingle all staff means tell him otherwise strict person didn't tell him without conforming internal job. It is my own opinion, Thank you.

25 Jul 2015
space

space
According to me, you should inform your Boss everything which is going in your Mind. Maybe it's Possible that he understand and allow you to give the interview.

29 May 2018
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]