View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Feb 2018

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 CFA Iphone application 

space
I anyone aware of an IPhone application for help with CFA exam studying?
None currently exist, but perhaps someone knows of one in development.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
I don’t own an iPhone but if it has full web browsing capability shouldn’t you be able to use it to access the online Schweser Qbank?
Also, if you have any kind of notes in electronic format you can probably read them on your iPhone.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
If you have any notes….convert them to pdf and you should be able to read them on the iphone/itouch.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
I use Stalla, not Schweser. I find Schweser’s products riddled with errors.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
Umnnn…I can’t really comment on the accuracy of Schweser notes vs Stalla or in absolute. What I can say is that for L1, I compared every SS in Schweser against the CFAI texts….and yeah, they came up short a number of times. Not talking quality here merely coverage…

18 Mar 2013
space

space
It doesn’t need to be associated with anyone in particular. Of course, if one of the prep companies developed something that I could use on my phone and later sync with my copy of the program on the web or my computer, then I would be happy to pay to have that as an extension of my study software.
I was thinking virtual flashcards. Something simple I can use on the subway/plane, where I won’t have a 3G/WiFi connection.
I suspect it’s too late for June 2009. Maybe someone will read this and start developing it now for 2010.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
check out an IPhone app called Iflipr. It’s an electronic flashcard application and I use it all the time. The best part is you can upload excel files and column a is the front and b the back. You can just copy any paste test prep/your own notes into the cells and upload. the best 5 bucks you could spend if you need to learn stuff quickly. you don’t need a cfa-specific application. I also use it for language learning, and work-related stuff. www.iflipr.com

18 Mar 2013
space

space
Thanks, taketwo. I’ll give it a shot.

18 Mar 2013
space

space
excuse my ignorance but whats the best app for viewing PDFs on the iphone? how do you load them up, does it need to be through itunes etc
i only got mine this week.
thanks

18 Mar 2013
space

space
pdf: I have an email that I use exclusively for storing documents (I think this is becomming increasingly common). I then just open the pdf attachment and then read. I’ve heard that iphone also now has an app that lets you use the phone as a hard drive, but I don’t have it installed. reading pdfs on an iphone though sucks imo as you are constantly scrolling the screen back and forth.
iflipr: you upload via the web and it will automatically sync with your iphone. it literally happens instantly.
the biggest drawback to the iphone is that you can’t copy and paste, which is sort of a joke. because of this, you will need a computer to create and edit the excel sheet, then upload to their web site, and then it will sync with the phone. sort of a pain, but I would rather prep my queue cards on a laptop than the iphone anyways, so the impact is minimal. you can also go back and edit the cards after via the web site.
just watch the video explaining it all on the homepage…

18 Mar 2013
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next