View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Aug 2018

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Basic Question - What do CFA's actually do? 

space
I’m considering starting the CFA exams but I would like to know exactly what CFA’s do. I’d also like to know what they do that is different from CFP’s. I understand that the CFA process is far more rigorous than the CFP which is more of a generalist exam but I still have questions. I’ve done some basic reading but I thought I’d ask here as well.

Is it that the CFA works with larger institutions and the CFP with individual investors? Do CFAs tend to work for clients/institutions with higher net worth? Is there a difference between the financial instruments they work with? It is merely about the extensiveness of the training but that both do the same things? Are there significant differences in fiduciary duty?

09 Aug 2016
space

space
Well I have a PDF of the main rulebook and dice, but Im curious what else is needed and how best to get hold of them?

24 Oct 2016
Profile ICQ
space

space
Can you please tell me what is difference between CFA and CFP? and both are what working? Because i am a student of MBA and work at University Assignments and i want this information.

14 Apr 2017
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]