View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 May 2018

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Need help(Writing Past Time Called) 

space
I was holding the pencil after the exam for about three seconds. The procter told me that he is going to write a report about me writing after time was called.
Is there anyone who previously had the same experience ? It seems to me that there is no possibility for me to get away with it. Moreover, as I try to argue with cfa more, there will be just more delay, but the result would be same anyway. then I might possibly miss the next registration due date.
All I am hoping now is to take it again in the next June. What is the best way to deal with my situation ? Could you please give me an advise ?

24 Mar 2013
space

space
It’s happened to lots of people. It turns out that there is just not that much you can do about it (other than read AF where I implored people not to do this the day before the exam). You will very likely be asked to accept a private censure and a voiding of the exam. You can’t claim you are innocent because of “I was holding the pencil after the exam for about three seconds” (which means you weren’t innocent). You should just accept the exam voiding, private censure (which means nothing), and study up for the next session. You might want to just keep it to yourself from here on in (When someone asks how you did say “Well, I didn’t pass” and if they persist “You mean you failed?” grimace and say “That’s such an ugly word”).

24 Mar 2013
space

space
thank you.
yes.. there are a lot of people like me( last year I believe that there were about 80 people) I saw your posting, “Don’t mess with CFAI” , it is absolutely more important than any exam material, every candidate should read before the exam.
Do you think that it is better off admitting it in my statement during the investigation?
So it would be less waste of my time. I heard some people who tried to appeal. However sine the process is very slow, they ended up missing the next session.

24 Mar 2013
space

space
No- it means nothing. You get the charter same as everyone else.

24 Mar 2013
space

space
Do you know in which case they would give “public censure” ?? since now it is only thing I am afraid of.

24 Mar 2013
space

space
I deeply appreciate for your help. It will definately help me to rewrite the response since I was going to blame the proctor and the director bitterly. It should seem to them more likely an apology…
Just thinking how pathetic I am, working on the way to get “private censure” and voiding the result…..

24 Mar 2013
space

space
Do the proctors have to tell you at the time of the incident, that you are in violation? or can they send off a report to the CFAI without your knowledge?

24 Mar 2013
space

space
seancfacfa Wrote:
——————————————————-
I deeply appreciate for your help. It will
definately help me to rewrite the response since I
was going to blame the proctor and the director
bitterly. It should seem to them more likely an
apology…

That wouldn’t work. If you had a very specific complaint about you interaction with the proctor on something complex (e.g., you were trying to adjust your hearing aid so you could hear “pencils down” but the proctor stopped you from using it) that might work.
Just thinking how pathetic I am, working on the
way to get “private censure” and voiding the
result…..
It’s disturbingly common.

24 Mar 2013
space

space
Wow, that’s really, really, really….REALLY dumb. :|

24 Mar 2013
space

space
In that situation, you would just claim that you have broken no rules and there was nothing wrong with going to the bathroom 7 times. You would be fine. Suspicions don’t cut it.
The cases that get brought are all like this one. The proctor says you clearly did something against the rules, and CFAI takes no prisoners in the proctor’s word vs candidates word.

24 Mar 2013
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next