View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Mar 2018

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Anyone knows how to convert CFAI ebook to PDF? 

The PDF is designed to keep up with today's fast-paced and highly demanding workload.However,as we use it,we may easily find that PDF is not an editable document format.So are you striving to improve your PDF document? I recommend you PDF Converters. With the help of PDF Converter, you can conveniently transfer to PDF file formats to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and so is an online shop where you can assess to PDF Converters coupons and promo codes from a variety of brands.

22 Oct 2014

i have no idea about how to convert ebook to pdf, however i find a free online tool to convert pdf to text.

07 Nov 2015

xhrispoon wrote:
map1 Wrote:
People are on the lookout for a way to use the CFA
materials on e-readers, which is not possible
right now. That’s what you’re missing.
Wrong. It’s just takes some work.
1) Take your printed CFA books to a FedEx / Kinkos or other printhaus and tell them to cut the binding off as thinly as possible. They have machines that will do this. It’s cheap. Don’t mix up the pages.
2) Learn how to use your office photocopier and load up the pages in the sheet feeder. Tell it to scan the now-slightly-smaller-than-8.5”x11” pages double-sided to PDF, using the max resolution that the scanner has available (within reason - I did mine at 600ppi, most good office photocopiers / scanners go higher than this. 600 or 1200 should be sufficient)
3) Once you have your PDF Files, use Adobe Acrobat (not the free Acrobat Reader) to organize the pages (using the “Pages” sidebar), making sure everything is divided up the way you want it (dividing up into the 18 study sessions works nicely), the pages are rotated in the correct orientation (if you scanned them right the first time, you shouldn’t need to rotate). Note that you’re going to want a fast computer (ideally quadcore running Acrobat 9) with a ton of RAM to do this, since you are organizing a lot of hi-resolution scans.
4) Use OCR Text Recognition built into Adobe Acrobat. In Acrobat 8, this is under “Document” - “OCR Text Recognition” - “Recognize Text Using OCR”. This is why you scanned at the highest resolution possible, because it ensures the most accurate OCR.
5) Once all the processing is done (even on a fast computer, OCR takes a while), repeat the process for your other PDF files and save. You may also want to use the “Document” - “Reduce File Size” command once OCR is done to make the files smaller and easier to handle with your E-Reader.
And yes, I have done this before. It’s worth it for one main reason - you can create a separate file with the pages from all six books in it, and then use the “search” tool in Acrobat to search the entire curriculum at once. This is indispensable for reviewing and taking practice tests.
Edit: Note that I am not advocating plagiarism or anything that goes against the CFA Code of Ethics. You bought the books, you are allowed to convert their format for your use as long as they are for your use only. It would be similar to a blind guy having the books converted to braille so that he could actually read them.

I find a free online ocr , supports 40+ languages, can convert image to plain txt file and searchable pdf document.

25 Nov 2015

Hi, mikelilin.
As for me, I have seldom tried to convert CFAI ebook to PDF. I wonder have you ever worked it out? Do I need another 3rd party manual toolkit? When it comes to
PDF converting process, I have another question, I wonder have you ever tried to convert pdf to other image files before? As for myself, I am testing the related PDF to JPG converting, PDF to PNG converting, and PDF to BMP converting programs these days. Do you have experience about it? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

01 Jan 2016

good is readily available for all systems and that too totally free. mobdro for android and also working downloading sign up with best.

03 Jan 2017

I happy to join this community Very Nice and good information great job thank you for sharing google chrome canary

06 Mar 2018
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3