View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 May 2018

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Anyone knows how to convert CFAI ebook to PDF? 

space
if you choose the new ebook option, you’ll see the ebook format is .vbk (never heared of it..)
and you have to install ‘vitalsource bookshelf’…such a waste of disk space&resources
is there a way to convert the .vbk file to .pdf? so that I can carry the books everywhere I go?
Thanks!

11 Mar 2013
space

space
no. you can’t because you can only print 2 pages at a time plus the quality isn’t all that. you’d be better off slicing up the real books and sending them through a xerox workstation to convert to pdf.

11 Mar 2013
space

space
p5 Wrote:
——————————————————-
thank you for your reply, DoubleDip.
it may sound weird, but i really wanna try my very
best to save some paper/trees, so ordering the
real books not an option for me. ^^
This statement is funny to me. I’m not making fun of P5 at all - you convictions are totally valid, but remember when we were supposed to use plastic bags because we weren’t supposed to kill trees, now we’re not supposed to use plastic because it chokes baby seals or makes owls cry or something. I giggle at the eco fads…its interesting to watch the waxing and waning of sociopolitical trends.

11 Mar 2013
space

space
well…
I have 36 pounds of brand new+ nicely designed/printed+ never used CFAI curriculum (how about wings? haha you wish) sitting in the corner…I just dont wanna be wasteful again this year. eco fad? NO.
lets just focus on converting vbk to pdf.

11 Mar 2013
space

space
Cannot find the vbk files but the program does allow you to print (as pdf) a max of 170 pages a time which you will end up with approx 20 pdfs. However, the ebook is in image format so file size is huge and looks blurry on ebook devices.
ps It looks clearer on web than on the program

11 Mar 2013
space

space
how about printing on a virtual printer, like deskPDF (makes pdf files rather than actually printing)? I wonder if the image still blurry

11 Mar 2013
space

space
Not that great for less than 20/20 vision. I guess is not working on an enTourage eDGe either (on the LCD).

11 Mar 2013
space

space
Just go to print (it will let you print 170 pages at a time, just checked) then, instead of printing to your printer just use the drop down PDF menu to save as a PDF. I’m on Mac OS 10.6.3 if that matters.
The quality seemed ok, similar to the prior image.

11 Mar 2013
space

space
Ordering an eBook instead of hard copies…and then printing the eBook? Am I missing something here?

11 Mar 2013
space

space
People are on the lookout for a way to use the CFA materials on e-readers, which is not possible right now. That’s what you’re missing.
PensFan Wrote:
——————————————————-
Ordering an eBook instead of hard copies…and
then printing the eBook? Am I missing something
here?

11 Mar 2013
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next