View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Aug 2018

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Looking for CFA L1 Skype Study Group 

space
@brainsX: Sorry for the misunderstanding!
Which time zone are you in?

09 Feb 2013
space

space
hd123’s details are as follows:
Location/TimeZone: US Central
Preferred meeting day/time: Mon- Thurs 8:00pm-11:00pm CT (which is 9 pm to 12 pm ET and matches mita’s free times. Weekends - prefer not to meet in Jan to Apr. Can meet in May when closer to exam time.
Preferred meeting frequency: Once a week
Preferred meeting length: 30 mins-1 hour
Skype Name: heshandemel
Prefer if all can be in same study schedule. Say for examply, I am following the CFA schedule of starting with Ethics first. Kind of glad that I am doing Ethics first because its giving me a better glimpse on what the life of a CFA holder would be :-). Like for example, I am enjoying the ethical dillemma’s they can face…just sound advice and gets me a bit excited about doing the CFA!

09 Feb 2013
space

space
http://groups.google.com/group/june-201 ... candidates
there is a google group for CFA Lvl 1 june 2011. am interested in the skype group but am 13 hrs away from US (ET)!
Do join the group all!

09 Feb 2013
space

space
Hi everyone…I am brand new to this forum and saw the first post on this thread on Monday and wanted to respond immideiately. But since I am a new user, it took some time for the Forum administrator to get my password working etc. But I am now all “hooked up” and ready to start contributing. I would love to join this group.
A few things about me…
Location - USA
Time Zone - US Central Time
Preferable times I can meet - Mon, Tues, Wed, or Thurs nights anytime between 7 pm and 9.30 pm Central but still flexible if you want to meet some other time.
Please let me know. I would be glad to share my skype user ID etc. Maybe we can do a quick 10 minute call just to talk amongst ourselves how we can do this in the future. I am all for being a part of a group where we can be somewhat accountable to one another. I am studying ethics right now. I look forward to working with all of you.
Thanks!

09 Feb 2013
space

space
Me too.
But I cannot understand how exactly to do it, can u explain it?
Where are u all located, in Europe, US or Asia?

09 Feb 2013
space

space
I can see all of you are in the USA, I am in the UK and its about 5 hours different!
what time are you planning to meet? let me know so if the time will be OK, I can added and join you!
Thanks

09 Feb 2013
space

space
I’m located in US Eastern time.
I seem that hd123 is US Central time. How about others?
How about this, for everyone interested, please list the following:
Location/TimeZone: US Eastern
Preferred meeting day/time: Mon-Thurs 8:00pm-10:00pm; weekend available as well (weekend can be a good meeting time if we have people joining us outside of US)
Preferred meeting frequency: 1-3 times per week
Skype name: mitochondrina
Once I get a few response, I’ll start adding you on skype, and will leave messages to you to schedule our first call, then from there, we can discuss how we are going to start our study group.

09 Feb 2013
space

space
Hey Everyone,
We will meet up today (1/15) at 10:00 pm EST on Skype. Please join in the discussion and we can plan how to start with the sessions.
As mita mentioned in her previous post, her skype name is mitochondrina. Add her as a contact and we can have a group discussion. (I hope you are fine with it mita.)
@hassan: 10:00 pm EST will be around 3:00 am for you so I guess it will not be feasible for you. We will try and come up with something that makes sense for you too for the sessions if it works for everyone. (I am ok with late afternoons too but I am not sure about others.)
Best

09 Feb 2013
space

space
Hello anish and hd123 - I just added you both on skype! :)

09 Feb 2013
space

space
My details:
Location/TimeZone: US Eastern
Preferred meeting day/time: Mon-Thurs 9:00pm-12:00pm; Weekends - 10:00 pm to 12 midnight )
Preferred meeting frequency: Once a week
I have send a request to add you mita on Skype.

09 Feb 2013
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next