View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Sep 2018

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Mock after Mock, or some QBank? 

space
I am starting to worry…
I have completed 2 Schweser mocks and my average on each was below 60% (ashamed!). I have 12 mock exams in total that i could go through… do you think i should continue with the mocks or mix it with QBank?
The problem I seem to be having is retention…losing the application side of things

08 Jul 2015
space

space
I have gone through the CFAI practice exams and i plan on going over them few more times.
Maybe after going after i’m done with all 12+ mocks things should improve.

08 Jul 2015
space

space
Don’t worry, we are in the same boat. I am getting poor marks on Schweser, but I will stick at it.
QBank has been really helpful for retention. You should do all of it before starting Mocks.

08 Jul 2015
space

space
I actually love the QBank. Despite others experiences, I’ve found the following strategy to be surprisingly extremely effective for me and not nearly as taxing mentally after a long day at work –
Answer a QBank question.
Read the Explanation of the answer provided.
Click on References and read the Key Concept by LOS.
Go to the actual LOS in the SchweserNotes and either: (a) Read the specific section, or if I’m having more difficulty with my understanding then (b) Take notes on the section as I read.
Repeat.
I’ve used this strategy for the past week or week and a half after having read through all of SchweserNotes multiple times leading up to these last few weeks. While somewhat more time consuming I like that it jumps all over the curriculum and I can definitively say that it’s increased my level of comprehension and depth of understanding as evidenced by my increased scores on the CFAI Practice Tests and Schweser Practice Exams.
Hope that helps.

08 Jul 2015
space

space
Highland wrote:
I am starting to worry…
I have completed 2 Schweser mocks and my average on each was below 60% (ashamed!).
Don’t be ashamed. There’s a learning curve to taking mocks just like there was in understanding the material and doing problems.
Read through the answers that you missed and then redo all the questions that you missed - can you get them right the second time around?
Then go onto the next mock. Repeat.
If you’re still missing the same type of questions on the 3rd or 4th exam, step back and revise the subject.
Then go onto the next mock. Repeat.
You’ll get it.

08 Jul 2015
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]